Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Top rated 1 skein project

If you're on our email list, you'll know that we highlighted and discounted 12 projects last week that take just 1-2 skeins of yarn. Because it's almost mid-July, we picked projects that were quick, easy and lightweight, and that means perfect for summer!

Based on the response to our email, by FAR the crowd favorite is the Multi Directional Scarf. I'm not surprised! This scarf was so easy and fun to make. Short rows are simple (don't be scared if you haven't tried them!) and the yarn is just lovely. It's garter stitch - so, easy - and I had such a hard time putting it down. I'd say to myself (and to my family, waiting for me to put down the knitting) "Just one more short row!" and then "Just until I get to the next color" and finally "Just one more triangle!" Needless to say, I annoyed them to no end, but I finished the scarf pretty quickly.
I think that with all the self striping yarns that are available, this is the perfect project to have in progress at ALL times. For my next one, I'll probably choose another color of the Lang Mille Colori Socks & Lace like Lime, Aqua, Tan & Grey:
or I'll use the Lang Jawoll Magic in Red, Pink, Orange & Green:
or a stripey, yet neutral one in Schoppel Wolle Zauberball in the color Neutrals:
It was so chilly here in Finland yesterday (in the 50s and rainy and windy!) that Helen begged to wear it.
Now it's on it's way back to the states with my aunt who was visiting for a week. Be sure to check it out in the shop later this month!

No comments: